Complete Vitality Soup | 十全大补汤 | Shi Quan Da Bu Tang
Also known locally as Shi Quan or Chup Chuan, this is one of the more well-known fomulas that have been passed down from generation to generation. Typically consumed by Hokkien families at least once a year, boiled with duck to produce a rich and nourishing soup. This helps to promote vitality and strength.
Ingredients: Radix Rehmanniae Praeparata, Astragalus root, Cortex Cinnamomi , Radix Angelicae Sinensis, Radix Astragali Praeparata cum Melle, Radix Paeoniae Alba, Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae, Poria, Radix Codonopsis, Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong
Serves 3 to 4
3 - 4 位分量
- Place all ingredients on a strainer and wash them under running water for 10 seconds.
- Fill a pot with 1.5 litres of water, add all ingredients in the pot.
- Turn the flame on to high and bring the water to a boil.
- Turn the flame down to medium-low and let soup boil for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Season the soup to your desired level of saltiness and serve.
- 600 g of chicken/duck can be added to enhance the flavour of the soup.
- 将所有材料和 1.5 毫升的水入锅。