Eight Treasures Soup | 八珍汤 | Ba Zhen Tang
Known locally as Ba Zhen or Pak Chan, this is a well-known formula that has been passed down from generation to generation. Typically known as a Women's Tonic, this formula helps to enrich and nourish the blood and improves digestion and blood circulation. Best simmered with half a black chicken or simply peeled hard-boiled eggs, this slightly dark coloured concoction will sure to help the ladies with anaemia or suffer from fatigue frequently.
Ingredients: Radix Rehmanniae Praeparata, Radix Paeoniae Alba, Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae, Radix Angelicae Sinensis, Radix Codonopsis, Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong, Honeyed Liquorice Root
Serves 3 to 4
3 - 4 位分量
- Place all ingredients on a strainer and wash them under running water for 10 seconds.
- Fill a pot with 1.5 litres of water, add all ingredients in the pot.
- Turn the flame on to high and bring the water to a boil.
- Turn the flame down to medium-low and let soup boil for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Season the soup to your desired level of saltiness and serve.
- Peeled hard-boiled eggs can be added to soup.
- 将所有材料和 1.5 毫升的水入锅。
Note: These soup packs might differ from those available in-store in terms of weight or content. 注意：网上售卖的汤料与店内售卖的时有差别